Thursday, March 5, 2015

Unique K-Cup Storage

It's no secret that I adore thrift store hunting, flea market sorting and consignment shop sifting. I have always seemed to have an eye for treasures covered in dust and years of neglect. That's why I knew I had found something special when I stumbled upon this weird one gallon jug...thing...for lack of better words. It had a price tag for $1.99 and when I got to the front of the checkout line, the people behind me were in awe. 




 "What are you going to do with that? It's awesome!" 

 "It's definitely different...I don't know what I'd use it for." 

 And my favorite: "I kind of wish I had found it first..." 


 Honestly, I had no clue what I would use it for. It was a big jug cut into 3 sections. Between the sections were 2 wooden, circular shelves, just slightly larger than the jug itself. Each shelf had grooves so that the glass fit perfectly and didn't slide around. None of the sections were large enough to display anything except maybe a few cookies. That would be great except...I hate baking. And even if I did enjoy it, why would I want to display just a few on our counter? I had to think of another use for this cool piece. 
 Then it hit me: Our Keurig is on one side of the kitchen, and the cabinet containing all of our coffees and teas is on the other. I had been looking for a container to keep near our instant holy water dispenser for quite some time and had finally found the best solution!




 One of the most important aspects of being a successful thrift store hunter is going in with an open mind. If you see something cool but can't think of a use for it, buy it anyway! (providing that the item is fairly inexpensive of course.) Chances are, you'll think of something to use it for either way. 




 I recently saw similar jugs and glass storage at Hobby Lobby and loved them as well, but they were a bit pricey. However, Hobby Lobby almost always offers 40% off one regular priced item. Find coupons on their website or download their app on your smart phone. If you're more keen on saving money or wish to do most of it yourself, they do offer the shelves pre-made and grooved, and you can buy one gallon glass jugs at Wal-Mart. 

 You can use these pretty glass domes for anything from spices to tea bags, or if you aren't like me and love to bake...cookies!



Let me know what you think of this thrift store find in the comment section!

xo,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment