Friday, April 3, 2015

Ruffled Peplum & Booties



I found this Anthropologie Meadow Rue ruffle smocked peplum top at a closeout store for...*drumroll please*... $2.50!! I'm so in love with the shape of it and how comfortable it is. I don't normally wear red, actually...I don't normally wear color at all..., but this top was an exception. How could I pass up on the deal of a century. I think the retail price of this blouse was somewhere around $70. 

It has a stretchy fit and is kind of short in length, but that's why I chose to wear mine with my mid-rise Citizens of Humanity ankle skinnies and my Steve Madden booties with a small heel. I also added a circa1910 leather and horn necklace with just a pop of turquoise. I have a long torso and short legs so I think I managed to balance out this outfit fairly well.




This top also comes in black! The reviews on Anthropologie were pretty mixed because I don't think this top would work for every body type. Reviews also say that you need to purchase in a size or two larger than what you normally wear, because they run really small. My top didn't have a size in it but based on the reviewers, it's probably not the XS I normally wear, because mine fits like a glove. I think many people could pull off this short peplum style just as long as you keep your proportions in check!




Here's a link for the reviews on Anthropologie:

No comments:

Post a Comment